Why choose Express Wood?
-Professional, quality craftsmanship.
-Over 13 years in business!
-No hidden charges!
-We are here to serve you!
-We are fully licensed and insured!
-Thousands of Satisfied Customers!
-We are locally owned and operated!
Does Express Wood offer FREE ESTIMATES?
Yes. We offer FREE on site No Obligation ESTIMATES.
What Products do we use?
-Hardwood, Laminate, Tile products from Competitive Kitchens - They have a big variety to choose from and very reasonable prices, and a good quality products. Plus they match and beat other Big Name store prices.
-Crown/Shoe/Base/Casings from Summit Hardwoods or Kraft Lumber, Erie Pa.
Do you have a contractor referral list for other services?
If you need painting, plastering & pressure washing services we recommend AWESOME PAINTING
Why choose hardwood floors?
Hardwood Flooring is one of the most stunning additions you can integrate into your home. They add warmth, beauty, and elegance as well as providing a whole list of added benefits.
Installation of Hardwood Floors (or refinishing of existing floors) increases the value of your home instantly, you can even provide the advantage needed for a quicker sale in today's competitive housing market.
-Cost less in long run than any other types of flooring.
-Properly maintained, hardwood floors can last a lifetime.
-Hardwood floors are more sanitary than other types of flooring.
-Hardwood floors are hypo-allergenic, trapping fewer allergens, bacteria, and dust mites than other flooring options
-Hardwood Floors help to improve air quality.
-Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain when compared to some other types of floors.
-Hardwood Floors can be repaired if damaged.
-It's always an option to have your floor refinished if you would like to renew it.
Sandless Floor Refinishing VS. Floor Sanding
-Does NOT remove current floor imperfections ( scratches / dents / gouges )
-Cannot Stain the floor.
-Discoloration can not be fixed.
-Most water based finishes that they use- do not last long, especially with pets or kids in a house.
-Board Cupping cannot be fixed.
-Gaps cannot be filled in with wood filler.
-THE FLOOR STILL LOOKS OLD with just a little more shine to it.
-Most Scratches / Gouges / Dents removed
-Color of the floor may be changed, if so desired (stained).
-Most Gaps can be filled in with filler.
-Floor can be leveled (restrictions apply)
-THE FLOOR LOOKS LIKE NEW AGAIN
How do hardwood floors fare against other flooring surfaces?
It outlasts nearly every other flooring, and outperforms them all.
Why should I spend money to restore my hardwood floors?
It is relatively inexpensive to restore hardwood floors, and it is cheaper than new carpet and a lot longer lasting. Plus, hardwood floors add to the value of your home. And, possibly most of all - Allergies!
How messy is the process of refinishing?
When we sand a floor we first seal the room(s) off so no dust can reach areas beyond the work zone. The sanding equipment has dust collection systems that collect more than 95% of dust generated during the sanding process. After all the sanding is completed-the rooms are thoroughly vacuumed to remove the residual dust. Then we proceed to coat the floor.
How do I take care of my hardwood Floors?
- Put Stick-on felt pads under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching of your hardwood floors.
- Always lift furniture when moving it, never drag it against your floors.
- Keep potted plants off a hardwood floor so condensation does not build up.
- Wipe food and other spills from your hardwood floor immediately, with a water dampened cloth or paper towel.
- Most of the time your floors will only need a quick dry mop to pick up dust, or you can use vacuum cleaner with a soft bristle brush to clean the floors.
- When you need to wash the floor you can use warm water.
- DO NOT EVER WAX your Hardwood Floor, since after waxing you will not be able to re-coat them later on, because poly doesn't adhere to waxed floors.
- Avoid wearing high heels on your wood floors. The pressure from an average woman walking in high heels can be up to 8000lbs per square inch, and cause small indentations and dents in your floor.
- In kitchens, place mats at areas where spills are frequent, such as the sink, stove, or refrigerator.
- Trim and file your pet’s nails regularly to minimize scratches to your floors. Make sure that the dog’s toys do not have sharp corners or edges that can scratch your floors.
- Use of a humidifier throughout the winter season will keep natural seasonal wood shrinkage and movement to a minimum.
- DO NOT clean hardwood floors with any cleaners that contain Oils in them or leave any kind of sheen or residue behind!